Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! I've always loved this holiday, for more reasons than one. First of all, I love this holiday for the religious aspect of it. I also associate Easter with spring and today was a perfect example of that! I woke up to sunny 70 degree weather with birds chirping and flowers blooming (literally). I came home for the long weekend yesterday and plan on going back up to Keene on Tuesday.

It has been an awesome past few days for me. For starters, Mike came up to Keene on Thursday night which was great. On Friday, I had my mock-presentation for Senior Project in front of my class. It went SO well....except for the fact that I didn't have a voice. Oh ya, for those of you who didn't know..I had a SEVERE case of laryngitis this past week..it was just awful! Anywho, after my presentation, I came home and got ready with Mike because later that afternoon, I was inducted into the Communication Honor Society, Lambda Pi Eta at Keene State! I received my honor certificate, honorary cords to wear at graduation, and my honorary pin! I'm so happy to have made this accomplishment in my education career :) ..it also meant so much to me that Mike was able to be there to see me receiving my awards.

After that, we enjoyed the rest of our day by taking a walk in our favorite park in Keene (it was gorgeous out on Friday!) We went to see the tree that we carved our initials into 2 years ago..this will probably be the last time we visit our tree since I'll be moving out of Keene in a few short weeks. It was good to see it one last time though. Then after our walk, we went to our favorite mini golf place, Twinkle Town! After we played an extremely close game (he won by 2 damn points..I think he cheated, lol), we went out to dinner at Margarita's where he treated me for my award that I had received earlier that day. All in all, it was a great Friday :)

On Saturday, after Mike left, I did some SERIOUS packing. I filled a couple bins full of stuff that I no longer needed in Keene and packed them into my car to bring to CT. After I packed my car (in the POURING rain, might I add lol), I headed home. And let me just say, Milo absolutely hates the rain. (But then again, what cat doesn't?) But seriously, between being in the car, the rain hardcore pelting my car, and all the damn pot holes down 91-S, Milo was legit tweaking out the entire 2 hour drive. #longday.

After I finally made it home, I got all my stuff inside and had dinner with my parents. After catching up with them for a bit, I got ready and went out with Caitlin for a drink so we could finally catch up. It was so good to see her..I missed her so much.

And finally, today I celebrated Easter with the family. Woke up and got ready, then Mom and I went to Nana's. After visiting with them for an hour or two, we came home and I did my annual easter-egg hunt that my mom always makes me do lol. I don't mind it though..it's fun being a kid every once in a while :)
After that, we all exchanged Easter baskets and then relaxed a bit.

After a great Easter dinner, we headed over to see my adorable little cousins. They are just the cutest things! It was nice to see family today since it's hard for me to see them because I'm always in NH.

All in all, it was a great day! Hope everyone had as great an Easter as I did!

No comments: